MAHARASHTRA GOVERNMENT TOLD BOMBAY HIGH COURT “NO OBJECTION IN SENDING SANJAY DUTT BACK TO JAIL” :

In what could spell fresh trouble for actor Sanjay Dutt, the Maharashtra government told the Bombay High Court that if rules have been flouted in giving parole or furlough to Dutt then the government has no objection in sending him back to jail.  The Maharashtra High Court has also asked the government to submit a fresh affidavit explaining the criteria of good behaviour applied to Sanjay Dutt. The Bombay high court last month, asked the Maharashtra government to justify its decision to grant the actor early release from prison in the 1993 serial blasts case.  Dutt was earlier sentenced to five years in jail for possession of arms, which were a part of the consignment used in the 1993 blasts. The actor, who was on bail during the trial, had surrendered in May 2013 after the Supreme Court upheld his conviction. Dutt was let out in February 2016, eight months early, on account of his good conduct while in Punes Yerwada prison. A division bench of justices R M Sawant and Sadhana Jadhav was on Monday hearing a public interest litigation by Pune resident Pradeep Bhalekar challenging the regular paroles and furloughs granted to Dutt when he was serving his sentence. The court then directed the state government to file an affidavit stating what parameters were considered and the procedures followed while deciding that Dutt deserved leniency. The Rediff.com : 27th. July,17

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s